Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A joke for Islam Awareness Week
Islam Awareness Week, sometimes called Muslim Awareness Week, is celebrated at different times around the country. In honor of this event, here is an old but relevant joke.

A congressman is touring a mental hospital. He comes across an especially heavily guarded room, and asks permission to speak with the patient. As soon as they are alone together the patient says:
Please congressman, you've got to help me. I'm not really crazy, but my relatives plotted to put me here so they could steal my money. You don't have to take my word for this -- you can verify it for yourself. The entire trial at which I was committed was a sham. If you look into it you'll see that the psychiatrists that testified were bribed by my relatives, and that all the lawyers had been convicted of numerous fraud charges in the past. Please check out my story, and if you see that I'm telling you the truth and that I'm completely sane, then get me released from here.
The congressman promises to look into his story.
Do you promise, do you absolutely promise?
The congressman promises to look into the matter as soon as he leaves the hospital. As he is turning to leave the room, a brick slams into the back of his head sending him reeling to the floor. He's in incredible pain as he turns around to look at the patient, who says:
You're sure you won't forget?

No comments: